Thursday, October 31, 2013

crafty update..new addiction and other stuff

Ok so I took yet another class on Craftsy.com. For a while I've been wanting to get into crocheting. My grandma tried to teach me as a kid. Although as many kids I didn't want to sit around and crochet I rather be out riding my bike or something lol so I never really picked it up. I noticed the crochet class was on sale and decided to pick it up. I'm halfway thru the series but it's hard because the instructor, like most people in life are right handed and I'm not. What's nice about craftsy is that students can use the message forum that displays next to the video to ask questions, answer questions from other students, make comments and so on. So on one of the comments the suggested that lefties try a youtuber who goes by the name of crochet guru. So I decided to give her vids a try. I also found another channel crochet guru.  Both channels was very helpful and they have patterns done with both hands so I've been watching them both along with Vickie's vids. I figure it would be good to watch as many as I can to learn different techniques such as how to do a slip knot. Not everyone does it the same way so its interesting to watch. I've done a few swatches and halfway thru my techie cozy project,  but with my ADD I quickly get bored working on one project and decide to jump to the next lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment