Saturday, March 23, 2013

I love youtube diys and an update other random ish..

So I've been trying to make new bracelets. I love youtube its been my teacher for most of the diys. I also took a class on craftsy.com. They have tons of different online crafting classes which can be view at anytime once purchased. I took the jewelry workshop class which goes over some basics including pearl knotting, wire wrapping (can't wait to get to this section), photo etching and even chain making. I got the class on sale so I would wait around and see if they do another sale or you can do the full price that is still affordable.  The last hands on class cost me 50 bucks and that was just basic beading/ stringing. So I think your getting a good bargain. Also Ms. Goodman is young but an excellent instructor.

I'm still working on a bracelet and necklace for my friend. I also did a paracord bracelet for my other male friend (a vet and survivalist).  I thought I didn't do a great job but it was my first time. I forgot to use both colors and used one color as the base. So it turned out being a mono-color bracelet instead of the duo color one it was supposed to be. Yet he still love the compass combo. I wanted to try again so I brought anther version of the kit in the same camo colors (Micheal's didn't have a whole lot of kit choices). This time I watched a vid on youtube which explained clearly same the instructions that were on the package (which had more photos then words). My second attempt was much better.  Next time I'll just pick some colors and do it myself since I think I got it down now.

I seem to be in this natural and african trade bead and fabric phase right now lol. I'm using wood and lavastone to create my friends bracelet.  Stringing it simply on some black strech cord I found at Bedazzled. I also found a new jewlery store in Arlington. Was going to take a shamballa class there but got stuck at the tax office (ugh). I'm thinking of going to go back tomorrow and buy some suede and or leather to string his key necklace. Just keeping it simple but I really like the keys I hate to give them up (got them free from Lista). Lista is a great place to find beads, thread, and other crafting supplies for free (you use credits instead of cash). My profilie is under nikkied76. Just gave away a bottle of mod podge, but I have another 16oz as well. Craft supplies, of course are popular items so be prepared for bidding wars.

As soon as I finish my friends projects I'll post them up. Forgot to mention you can also see my bracelets on IG (Instagram) under nikkied76. Please feel free to follow me. I hope to do a lot more bracelets so I can do something in the near future but its getting late so I'll save that for another post up.

No comments:

Post a Comment